Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ida Lupino


Photo courtesy FanPix.net

One of my favorite actresses is Ida Lupino (1918-1995).  She was very talented and active in her field.  In the mid-1940's she formed her own independent film company and became a producer, director, and screenwriter for the company.  She was given two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, acted in 59 films, directed 7 films, appeared in 58 serial television episodes (I didn't know this), and directed 50 serial television episodes (I didn't know this).  I also didn't know that she directed an episode (episode 37 of season 4 in 1965 titled "Arthur") of one of my favorite television shows, Alfred Hitchocock Presents.

For more information, see her website, IdaLupino.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are reviewed for appropriate content, then appropriate comments are posted within 36 hours or less.